Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ryu Ramen and Curry -- Tantanmen is a must try

A dear friend and I was at Ryu Ramen and Curry last Sunday afternoon. It's our early Christmas get together. I specifically requested that we go that place because I've heard some good things about it from friends.

We were there late afternoon but it was still hot outside so I had a difficult time deciding whether to order curry or ramen. I ended up ordering ramen because in the first place that's what I really went there for.

There were a lot to choose from. I had Tantanmen in mind but I still asked my friend what she thinks I should order. She said she heard from her friends that Tantanmen is a must try. Then still undecided, I asked the waitress what she would suggest I order. She also said Tantanmen. So naturally I  ordered Tantanmen. The menu says that Tantanmen is a spicy miso base broth with ground pork, soft boiled egg, negi and garlic oil with two slices of chasyu (it looks like a slice of morcon). You can choose the level of 'hotness' -- mild, hot very hot. I asked the waitress how mild is mild. She said it  is already hot. Given that I have colds that day I opted for just mild. I think I made a right choice. It was the most I could handle that day.

Tantanmen deserves to be their house specialty. It's really good -- with just enough flavor (no overpowering taste).

My friend by the way ordered Tonkatsu which I also got to sample. It is served on a bed of greens which I totally love.

Tantanmen
Tonkatsu
The appetizer - meat balls (?) and vegetables.

Ryu Ramen and Curry is owned by celebrity couple Ogie Alcasid and Regine Velasquez - Alcasid.

I wonder if they regularly visit the restaurant. It would be lovely to see them there entertaining their customers haha. Hmmm.....Regine, why don't you try to rehearse there for the repeat of Silver. Pak!! haha

Anyway, I saw Jed Madela at Ryu that afternoon.

Ryu Ramen and Curry is along Tomas Morato, Quezon City.  It is near Scout Lazcano (on the same building that.  houses Kumon).

No comments:

Post a Comment