Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ginataang Pako with Mussels Recipe

Last Sunday, a vendor passed by our house carrying a bundle of pako or ferns. I only know two dishes that can be made out of it, pako salad (ensaladang pako) and ginataan. I decided to cook Ginataang Pako with Mussels . I wanted another kind of shellfish but unfortunately, it was not available at the market that day so I settled for tahong. I usually see it sold at the flea market in our town every Thursday. Anyway, I haven't really done this dish in the past so like the many other dishes that I wrote about here, I invented my own recipe.

Ginataang Pako with Mussels

Ingedients:
1 bundle pako
1/2 kilo mussels
3 pieces medium tomatoes
1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
1 cup water
salt and pepper

Procedure:
  • Boil mussels in a pan.
  • Once cooked, set aside.
  • Add the pako and chopped tomatoes where you boiled the mussels.
  • When the pako is tender, add 1 cup of coconut milk.
  • When the sauce is already thick, add the remaining coconut milk.
  • Let it simmer for a few minutes.
  • Add the mussels (shells removed). 
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. 


I am cutting down on rice but this dish made me forget about that for a while. Try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment