Wednesday, July 20, 2016

SOI restaurant: A Special Restaurant

It was so hot in my room last Sunday I decided to go to SM Mall of Asia to enjoy their free aircon. lol I got there at about 11 am and decided to look for a place to eat before they all get filled with lunch goers. I was choosing beetween Soi Restaurant and Ya Kun Kaya Toast. Since they are both on the North wing of MOA, I decided to just walk by the restaurants to see which has more vacant tables. When I passed by Soi I noticed that the lady by the door (part of the crew) possibly has special needs. Please don't think that there is something unusual with how she looks or she looks weird as how persons with special needs are depicted in television shows. She is not like that. Don't think I was being judgmental. There was just something with the way she talked to me that caught my attention.

She was doing stuff just like the other members of the crew were doing but it still made me ask for the manager to confirm. It turned she was not but the supervisor was there to answer my questions. I just confirmed with him if the lady was indeed special. The supervisor confirmed it. I asked if all branches employ them but apparently it was only at MOA. It was the manager's decision to give it a try.

You may be wondering why I was so interested to know. Well, I work with children with special needs. I know how frustrating it is knowing that after you train them, some of them will not end up having the same opportunities like the others outside. You teach them and train them how to do things the way they are "normally" done in the real world. Then they end up not being able to find jobs because no one will accept them. So it is really special for me to see establishments like Soi that employs people with special needs. Don't get me wrong. I do not have anything against those who do not accept them. They probably have their reasons. But I really appreciate those who do give them the chance to prove their worth.

So SOI, keep up the good work.

Anyway here is what I ordered. For less than 200 pesos I got this meal that comes with  glass of iced tea and a small saucer (yes, a small one lol) of appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment