Tuesday, January 07, 2014

What and what not to eat this 2014

Happy New Year everyone! Happy 2014!

I was planning to write recipes to creatively 'manage' your leftover holiday food but it's rather late. So let me just give you some suggestions on what you should eat and what you should avoid this month.

Let's start with some food you should avoid.

1. Ham and its cousins like bacon - have you not had enough of ham last Christmas?
2. Chocolates - forget about chocolates first because if not, ants will be running after you. Don't worry, February 14 is just around the corner so you'll surely enough chocolates again.
3. Spaghetti and its derivatives - in almost all  the parties I attended during the Christmas season spaghetti was present. I'm sure the same is true with you so let's all forget about it first. Try instant noodles instead.


What you should eat

1. Vegetable salad - well, you need fibers to flush out the toxins you stored during the holidays
2. Fish  - all those meat dishes you ate surely gave you more than enough calories from fats to last you til next Christmas so have some fish this time. Grilled or bake fish is good.
3. Fruits - you had a lot of fruits on your table last New year's eve, right? Eat them,. for crying out loud.

So there you go. These are my suggestions. Actually, I  wrote this for myself but I guess they can help you as well so....

Happy year of the horse! Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment