Wednesday, May 06, 2015

PineCuT Salad (Pineapple, Cucumber, Tomato)

Last Saturday I was feeling so bloated I decided to just have salad for my meals. So I made myself PineCuT Salad (Pineapple, Cucumber, Tomato). I'd like to share with you my recipe.

PineCuT Salad

Ingredients:
1 medium sized cucumber
5 medium sized tomatoes
1 can of pineapple tidbits (115 grams)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup pineapple juice (from the tidbits can)

Procedure:
1. Cut the cucumber to about the size of the tidbits.
2. Do the same with the tomatoes.
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
4. Chill and serve cold.

Just so you'd know what to expect, this mixture with be a bit sour. And the salad will also be a bit more juicy than the usual salad given that pineapple juice was added on top of the small amount of mayonnaise. You can adjust the amount of pineapple juice and mayonnaise to suit your taste. 


By the way, I got the inspiration to make this salad from the salad I had from the calorie-counted food service I had last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment